Salinity - Statistical mean on 1° grid for 1991-2020 years
Salinity: Statistical mean data links (1° grid)
All fields Compressed file (0.3 GB)
File naming conventions:
woa23_[DECA]_[v][tp][ft][gr].[form_end] - all formats, except NetCDF
woa23_[DECA]_[v][tp]_[gr].[form_end] - NetCDF format
[DECA] - decade
[v] - variable
[tp] - time period
[ft] - field type
[gr] - grid
[form_end] - file name extention
Note: '.dat' - ASCII; '.csv' - comma separated value; '.dbf', '.shp', '.shx' - ArcGIS shape files; '.nc' - netCDF files
Short description of the statistical fields in WOA
- Objectively analyzed climatologies are the objectively interpolated mean fields for oceanographic variables at standard depth levels for the World Ocean.
- The statistical mean is the average of all unflagged interpolated values at each standard depth level for each variable in each 1° square which contains at least one measurement for the given oceanographic variable.
- The number of observations of each variable in each 1° square of the World Ocean at each standard depth level.
- The standard deviation about the statistical mean of each variable in each 1° square at each standard depth level.
- The standard error of the mean of each variable in each 1° square at each standard depth level.
- The seasonal or monthly climatology minus the annual climatology at each 1° square at each standard depth.
- The statistical mean minus the climatological mean at each 1° square at each standard depth. This value is used as an estimate of interpolation and smoothing error.
- The number of 1° squares within the smallest radius of influence around each 1° square which contain a statistical mean.