Common Data Overlays
Navigating the map:
- Click on to pan and drag the map with the mouse cursor.
- Mouse scroll forward or use + key to zoom in.
- Click on to zoom into user-defined box. Draw a rectangular box on the map by holding down left mouse key button. Release mouse button. Map automatically zooms into area.
- Mouse scroll backward or use - key to zoom out.
- Click on to zoom out from user-defined box. Draw a rectangular box on the map by holding down left mouse key button. Release mouse button. Map automatically zooms out from area.
- Click on to go to previous map extent.
- Click on to go to next map extent.
- Click on to exit "Zoom In" or "Zoom Out".
- Click on to reset map to its original extent.
- Click on to reload the map from scratch.
- The I following a dataset name indicates identify information is available for that dataset.
- Use to enable the identify function, then single-click on the map where this dataset has been drawn.
- A popup dialog will appear with additional information about selected feature. If more than one feature has been selected, use the forward and backward arrows in the upper righthand corner of the dialog box to move through selected features.
You currently have no additional data drawn on the map.As you add data to the map, they will be listed in this panel.You may use this panel to remove any data added to the map. You can also go back to the "Add Data" tab to remove data.If your map becomes unresponsive or just plain messy, hit the "reload" button to start over.