The World Data Service for Paleoclimatology archives climate model input and output files. Efforts to understand past climate and predict future climate change rely on computer climate models that include the physical processes of the climate system. Model datasets archived by the World Data Service enable rigorous comparisons between numerical simulations and paleoclimatology data.
Accessing Data at the World Data Service for Paleoclimatology
Search Paleo Modeling Datasets
Search through paleoclimatic modeling studies by Investigator, Title, Location Name, Parameters, and Latitude/Longitude Bounds.
Search All Paleo Datasets
A free text search of our entire archive.
NCEI Paleo Web Service
Use the NCEI Paleo Web Service to access paleoclimatic modeling study metadata records.
To contribute to the paleoclimatic modeling archive, review our instructions for contributing data. Prospective data providers can email email@example.com to submit data and study description information.
Other Data Archives
- Paleoclimatology Modeling at the Asia-Pacific Data-Research Center
- Model data used to study various aspects of the Earth's climate during the Late Quaternary period.
- Climate and Environmental Retrieval and Archive (CERA)
- Archive of climate-related data and research.
- Paleoclimate Modelling Intercomparison Project (PMIP)
- Project to study climate system internal feedback systems and evaluate the ability of climate models to reproduce climate states radically different from those of today.