These links provide quick access to many of NCEI's climate and weather datasets, products, and various web pages and resources.
Hourly, daily, and monthly climatic data for many U.S. cities.
- Local Climatological Data
- Data Tool | Sample: Period of Record for station; certification charges apply.
- Global Hourly CSV File Access | Sample: Period of Record for station; certification charges apply.
- LCD CSV File Access
- LCD Monthly PDF - Certification charges apply; available through 2017.
- Edited Annual (Online LCD Annual) - Certification charges apply
Formatted and/or ASCII output of data types, which includes daily, monthly, and yearly temperature, precipitation, and snow records over global land areas; includes Cooperative Observer Program (COOP) data
- GHCN-Daily | Sample
- Global Summary of the Month | Sample
- Global Summary of the Year | Sample
- Individual Station Original | Sample
- GHCN-Daily FTP Access | Sample
- GHCN-Monthly File Access | Sample
- GHCN-Yearly File Access | Sample
As of Jan 2012,GHCN-Daily is now the official archive. As of Dec 2016, GHCN-Monthly and GHCN-Yearly are now in the official archive.
*Certified copies of the original 'COOP' forms (item 3 above) may be purchased by visiting the IPS system.
Digital dataset of detailed hourly observational climate data for thousands of locations worldwide.
- U.S. Climate Normals Product Information and Data Access: Monthly, daily, annual/seasonal, and hourly Normals for 1991–2020 and 1981–2010.
Severe weather reports on damages, injuries, deaths, and more for U.S. locations
- Storm Data Publication (Last Issue 11/2018)
- NCEI Storm Events Database: Search engine tool for severe weather events by location (currently only from 2006 forward).
- NOAA's Severe Weather Data Inventory: System providing the ability to search records covering a particular time period and geographic region.
Daily and monthly climatic data for hundreds of locations within a U.S. state.
Collection of 15 minute and hourly precipitation data for many locations within a U.S. state.
- Analysis and Forecast Charts: National Weather Service charts archived at NCEI
- CLIMAPS—PDF or ESRI: Various long-term climatic data depicted on U.S. maps.
- Selected Maps Publication: Various long-term climatic data depicted on U.S. maps.
Climatic wind data from NCEI's LCD publication, U.S. Air Force climatic briefs, and more.
Derived from U.S. station data, including the cooperative network, into monthly composite means by climate division.
The USHCN consists primarily of long-term COOP stations whose monthly temperature records have been adjusted for systematic, non-climatic changes that bias temperature trends.
Climate products from NOAA's Regional Climate Centers (RCCs) and National Weather Service (NWS).
- National Weather Service (NWS): Current National Weather Service Products
- Regional Climate Center (RCCs): NOAA's Regional Climate Centers
- American Association of State Climatologists: Access to State Climatologists