These links provide quick access to many of NCEI's climate and weather datasets, products, and various web pages and resources.
Hourly, daily, and monthly climatic data for many U.S. cities.
- Local Climatological Data
- Data Tool | Sample: Period of Record for station; certification charges apply.
- Global Hourly CSV File Access | Sample: Period of Record for station; certification charges apply.
- LCD CSV File Access
- LCD Monthly PDF - Certification charges apply; available through 2017.
- Edited Annual (Online LCD Annual) - Certification charges apply
Formatted and/or ASCII output of data types, which includes daily, monthly, and yearly temperature, precipitation, and snow records over global land areas; includes Cooperative Observer Program (COOP) data
- GHCN-Daily | Sample
- Global Summary of the Month | Sample
- Global Summary of the Year | Sample
- Individual Station Original | Sample
- GHCN-Daily FTP Access | Sample
- GHCN-Monthly File Access | Sample
- GHCN-Yearly File Access | Sample
As of Jan 2012,GHCN-Daily is now the official archive. As of Dec 2016, GHCN-Monthly and GHCN-Yearly are now in the official archive.
*Certified copies of the original 'COOP' forms (item 3 above) may be purchased by visiting the IPS system.
Severe weather reports on damages, injuries, deaths, and more for U.S. locations
- Storm Data Publication (Last Issue 11/2018)
- NCEI Storm Events Database: Search engine tool for severe weather events by location (currently only from 2006 forward).
- NOAA's Severe Weather Data Inventory: System providing the ability to search records covering a particular time period and geographic region.
Climate products from NOAA's Regional Climate Centers (RCCs) and National Weather Service (NWS).
- National Weather Service (NWS): Current National Weather Service Products
- Regional Climate Center (RCCs): NOAA's Regional Climate Centers
- American Association of State Climatologists: Access to State Climatologists